Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Download Realplayer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tansy

Tansy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hi Everyone, I hope this is the correct forum for this post. Although I have not posted on these forums before, this website was a godsend when our computer had a virus and we successfully got rid of it due to your help.

Anyway, my problem is that I was trying to update the realplayer programme (free version) but received a message that I should uninstall and reinstall it as some links were broken.  I clean uninstalled it but then found I couldn't reinstall in.  I have Google Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers.  When I try to download realplayer in Google Chrome I receive the message "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to cashe-download.real.com" and in Internet Explore I receive, "cannot  display webpage". I am using Windows XP, and until I tried to update realplayer it seemed to be working okay. 

Tonight I contacted Realplayer support and in the end they took over the computer by remote control and they couldn't get it to download either!  They disconnected by Avast shield control, and in the end said it may be a browser or firewall issue and suggested I pay for the upgrade version and let their tech people sort it out.  Surely if I can't download the free version, the paid (about £40) version isn't going to work either.  Does anyone have any ideas on this.  Surely I don't have to take it to a shop and get them to sort it out.  I'm not completely computer illiterate but I don't have any in depth knowledge.  I would be grateful for any advice.

Edit: Moved topic from Programming to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

Is your Avast blocking the download website?

Edited by groovicus, 12 July 2013 - 10:35 AM.
Slight edits to clarify question.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users