Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

repeat phone calls

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 flavius

flavius

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

hi, an indian/pakistani man rings my home phone at least once a month and the number left on my phone suggests the guy is not in england, he always starts by confirming my name, goodness knows where he got that from and my phone number, he then informs me that my computer is causing problems with their servers and would like me to answer some of his questions and give details of my computer and location, I politely told him no way and please dont ring again, he has rang me six times now and on the last call told him to take my name and number off his mailing list, to which he insisted that he could not do that, it is obvious that he does not have my address or he/they would have written to me if there was a real problem to be solved,   as anyone else had any mysterious calls from the sub continent.
optomist: balding men have less hair to comb!
pessamist: yes but they have more face to wash

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

This is typical tech support phone scam. Please ignore it.

#3 flavius

flavius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

thanks Grinler I intend to and with the hope that putting down the phone the moment I hear is voice will cost him/them to much to carry on

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

What company are they saying they are from? Next time write the caller ID number down and we can try and expose them :)

#5 flavius

flavius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

hi Grinler sorry about the delay, we've just had a couple of days away, thanks for the reply and ok I will attempt to find out who they and collect their calling number, they have'nt rung whilst we've been away but are due by habit anytime now, many thanks and I will get back to you after they have rung

#6 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

These kind of calls can be banned by the telephone company as nuisance calls. It is easy,  just give  the phone company details and they will block it.. You obviously have the number. .I have done this a few times, it is no trouble to  set up, costs nothing and works 100%. The Paki can then find another victim to plague. 

Edited by yabbadoo, 12 July 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#7 flavius

flavius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

thanks fred, I have already signed up to the nuisance phone blocker about three years ago and on enquiring what they can do to stop this idiot they say not much as they cannot monitor every thing over the phone lines much the same way the royal mail junk stopper can only stop so much junk mail, so the next time he/they ring I will find out what company they are from and pass that and the number to Grinler for further investigation,  anyway thanks a million for your reply yabba enjoy your retirement and give my regards to wilma, many thanks   ray

#8 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

thanks fred, I have already signed up to the nuisance phone blocker about three years ago and on enquiring what they can do to stop this idiot they say not much as they cannot monitor every thing over the phone lines much the same way the royal mail junk stopper can only stop so much junk mail, so the next time he/they ring I will find out what company they are from and pass that and the number to Grinler for further investigation,  anyway thanks a million for your reply yabba enjoy your retirement and give my regards to wilma, many thanks   ray

Hi Ray,

What a lovely reply and very interesting but typically English story. Old tip, next time this Paki jerk phones  you, have a whistle ready and give it a damned good blow in the mouthpiece. I am told on good authority that if you do it properly, it could pop his eardrum. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users