Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software That Transcribes?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aQuilla

aQuilla

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

I know there are a lot of transcriptionist out there but I'm just wondering if there is such a software that would readily convert my audio lectures into written texts? I do some lectures once a week and I would like to have a copy of what I'll be talking about and give copies to the listeners so that they will understand well what I'm talking about. Is there such a software? Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aQuilla

aQuilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

Anyone?

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

Never done this but hopefully its what your looking for http://www.nuance.com/dragon/transcription-solutions/index.htm

Just to add more to the lists http://www.vagueware.com/top-10-free-transcription-software-that-are-essential-to-your-va-or-transcription-business/

Edited by jhayz, 17 July 2013 - 07:54 PM.

Tekken

#4 aQuilla

aQuilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

I checked out Nuance Dragon and I was turned off by its price. It turned out that I am not willing to spend that much for this project so I opted to go with a transcription service at speechtotextservice.com. Pretty much did the job well at a price I could pay. :D

#5 jd54

jd54

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

Just as we'll-you have to be patient how to use Dragon, because you have to train it. If you're not willing to go through the training., Forget it. If you do train and continue to use it, it works better and better. The newest versions work way better than earlier versions, but you still can't escape the fact that the computer has to learn your voice, inflections, accent, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users