Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Motherboard Monitoring Program Should I Use?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Teisei

Teisei

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

my fans in my tower have been acting up and i don't have the money at the moment to replace them all.... mostly it seems once the computer boots up the fans work fine.

but a few times a fan is starting up really slow and my computer will go in to the BIOS to show me that one of my fans is spinning far too slow... but after about a minute the fan speed goes to what seems to be the normal speed for the rest of the fans.

so i was thinking about getting a monitoring program to be able to check the speed of my fans and/or temp of my motherboard/CPU.

but since i try to not have to over clock my system ever i have never really looked in to monitoring programs and have no idea if i should use one for what motherboard i have or if there is one that will work for pretty much any computer system.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

I'm not sure what advantage a monitoring program would give you? Since you're already being warned of the problem (a fan fault) surely checking which fan is starting slowly and replacing just that fan is what you need to do. One fan should not be too expensive.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users