Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Common problems with my pc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BigLeen

BigLeen

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

I have a HP Pavillion dv7 Notebook Pc. I was wondering if there were any problems that anyone else had involving the built-in webcam not functioning. it happened a few months in. at first it would just take forever to load up then eventually it stopped all together. I tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling it with no success. when I go to device manager it says the universal usb hub isn't functioning or something like that.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TimMartin

TimMartin

• Banned Spammer
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

I think there is problem with your webcam only. If your laptop is under warranty period then call the customer service provider and get your laptop checked. Or one possibility may be that you have installed O.S on your own and some error occurred. In that case you can re-install your O.S.

#3 BigLeen

BigLeen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

Nah my warranty is up and im not that worried about the webcam itself. I just wasn't sure if there could be a underlaying problem

#4 TimMartin

TimMartin

• Banned Spammer
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

If that is the case then you can try and re-install your O.S. I think that will help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users