I'm still not sure what your trying to do in the long run, what the end result you're looking for is, but here is what I've looked into;
1. You have an old version of R4W from 2011, a Debian sub-branch, you want to install on a desktop system.
2. You have two drives for this system; one is SATA and one is EIDE.
3. If you install your R4W from CD/DVD to SATA everything works fine and Grub boots correctly.
4. If you install your R4W from CD/DVD to EIDE everything stops/breaks when you select the OS to boot from the Grub menu. (Not sure if Grub or Grub 2 is installed?)
5. What you want is for the EIDE drive to be the only drive with the OS and for Grub to successfully launch it from the menu.
To the above end I found a few posts and people with the same or near issue that you seem to have. I've attached the link to the best topic I found that might help you resolve or work around the issue your having. "http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1389571"
Note that their are a few links in the topic which helped different people but the manual steps for trouble shooting this and manually booting the image you want via command-line should help regardless.
Best of luck,