Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

(Adware.TryMedia) Found and Removed...?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tibblesly

Tibblesly

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Running a Windows 8 Dell PC purchased in ..April, I think? So really shouldn't be having problems this soon. I seem to have the worst luck.

Anyway, on 7/6/2013 I tried to network my computer to play Baldur's Gate (with a computer on my LAN). I believe this is when I picked up the (Adware.TryMedia). The only programs I installed on my computer were Hamachi. Removed them, as they didn't work for me anyway. Anywho, I don't know if I got this from a website I was at or those programs. But the other computer I networked with is clean and my computer was fine until I set it to hibernate and went to sleep for the night. Next day, internet browsers are not working. Networking is no longer working. First thing I did was scan my computer with Kaspersky Pure 3.0 and Malwarebytes. Kasperskery came up clean, Malwarebytes found "Registry Keys Detected: 1 HKCU\SOFTWARE\Trymedia Systems (Adware.TryMedia)". So I removed it. But my internet browsers and networking capabilites were still not working. So I did a system restore to 7/6/2013 before I installed one of the hamachi's too see if it would still be there. Unfortunately, it was. Found and removed it again with Malwarebytes. However, at least my browsers are working now. So I guess it's at least before the virus could do whatever damage it did last night while I was sleeping. So everything seems good. According to Malwarebytes the malicious program is gone (did a full scan, came up clean) and my browsers are running (though I haven't tried networking yet, as in order to network successfully yesterday I had to turn off my firewall. Not doing that until I'm sure this problem is gone!) but I'm feeling super paranoid and I really want to make sure this thing is taken care of, especially since it was in my registry keys. So...how can I make sure it's gone, and that any damage has been repaired?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users