Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Computer; Cannot use ComboFix w/ Windows 8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 PGATeacher

PGATeacher

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

Fairly new laptop with Windows 8. I've searched everywhere for hours for someone who has had this problem. No luck. The computer is hanging up. I've used ComboFix for years and it has always worked. I'm trying to use it now on this laptop.

I keep getting a pop up that CF only works on 7, 8, XP, and NT and does NOT work on Windows 2000.

2000? I have 8.

Ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 39,888 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

ComboFix is not quite ready for Windows 8.

You should not be running this tool if not recommended by a trained helper.

I know of some people who have used it on Windows 8 to find out that they can no longer boot the system.

#3 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 39,888 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users