Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't remove AOL toolbar and really want to

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bubblez2000

bubblez2000

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

About three weeks ago AOL toolbar magically appeared in my toolbar.  A friend gave me a instruction on how to remove it but it didn't work.  I have long since got rid of the instructions, so I really can't tell you what it was.  I uncheck aol to hide it but I can leave for a second and come back and there it is again. All my other toolbar stay hid until I check them again. I would really appreciate it, if someone could help me to get rid of it. I use fire fox. Thank you in advance :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,412 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Have you tried the instructions for removing the toolbar(s) given in the link below?

Uninstall AOL Toolbar - AOL Help

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 bubblez2000

bubblez2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

I feel absolutely silly now.  That was so easy to remove! Thank you so much. :) 

#4 live_pc_expert

live_pc_expert

• Banned
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

There are three separate components to AOL Toolbar: AOL Toolbar, Download Updater, and Price Check by AOL. All three components need to be removed to complete the uninstallation of AOL Toolbar from your browser.

#5 bubblez2000

bubblez2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Are there any steps in a order or can I just go after the other two and delete?  Thank you for telling me this, I did not know. :bubbles: .

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,412 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

If you followed the instructions in the link in my first post, then you would have removed all 3 of those.

I also saw that you removed some of AOL in another post of yours in the Am I Infected......forum.

You can also do a search for AOL and remove any leftovers after following the instructions in this link:

Uninstall AOL Toolbar - AOL Help

Edit: correct spelling

Edited by buddy215, 10 July 2013 - 07:19 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 bubblez2000

bubblez2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

Hi

I did the uninstall that you sent me the first time and in this last one you sent me, there isn't anything for windows 8.  I am confused now, did I not do it right the first time? :unsure:

And what should I do?

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,412 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

My two links are identical. Instructions for uninstalling the 3 items are in the link. But really, if

the toolbar is gone in all browsers and you are not getting bombarded with ads/ popups, you are

good to go.

#9 bubblez2000

bubblez2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

I'm good to go. Thank you so much. :orange:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users