Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

You have to format your hard drive before use it

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bosanceros1

bosanceros1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

Hello!

My external drive suddenly become raw and it says "you have to format your hard drive before use it", but i have 950 gb work on it and i am trying to save it. 

1st of all i have tryed to use Partition find and mount but that method is so slow. It took me 55minuts to copy 1 file which is large just 3gb. Then i founded http://html5.litten.com/how-to-fix-external-disk-drive-suddenly-became-raw/ i have same sympton. I have tryed right like from the guide but it still didnt help me. I tryed to mount external hdd via parted magic but it shows me error

Run: Mount /dev/sdb

udevil: error 64: unable to determine device fstype - specify with -t

Sorry for my bad english and i hope you can help me.

Thanks in advanced.

Edited by bosanceros1, 07 July 2013 - 08:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bosanceros1

bosanceros1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

If there is no way to fix it then i'd like to know what is the fastest way to save files to other hdd since "partition find and mount" are super slow.

Edited by bosanceros1, 08 July 2013 - 07:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users