Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD need help troubleshooting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ryanbodker

ryanbodker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

A few days ago I began getting BSODs. I have have been trying to get my pc to save the minidumps to no avail. However I did stop it from restarting automatically so I could write down the information.

Kernel Data Inpage Error

0x0000007a (0x00000020, 0xc000009d, 0x96D0A70C, 0x0000000)

Initially I thought it was because of a new graphics card driver that I had installed but I did a complete windows install and after it was finished I logged into windows and I got another BSOD. I have a feeling it might be somehow related to my crucial m4 SSD bootdrive. I tried updating the firmware but it said it was up to date, when i tried to force it to update anyways it said that no eligible drive was found. Any help would be appreciated.

- System
    - Provider
      [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power       [ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}
      EventID 41       Version 2       Level 1       Task 63       Opcode 0       Keywords 0x8000000000000002     - TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2013-07-07T02:07:39.351608500Z
      EventRecordID 2013       Correlation     - Execution
      [ ProcessID] 4       [ ThreadID] 8
      Channel System       Computer Ryan-PC     - Security
      [ UserID] S-1-5-18
- EventData
    BugcheckCode 0     BugcheckParameter1 0x0     BugcheckParameter2 0x0     BugcheckParameter3 0x0     BugcheckParameter4 0x0     SleepInProgress false     PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Edited by ryanbodker, 06 July 2013 - 11:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:50 AM

Hi

Welcome to the Bleeping Computer forum.   :welcome:

STOP 0x07 A bug check could be an indication of a disk related issue. 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559211(v=vs.85).aspx

Please try the below steps :

1 ) Change your SATA DATA cable. Also reset the power cable.

sata.gif

2 ) If you can't still boot in to  the system, please try to boot in to the safe mode. If you can successfully boot in to the safe mode, do the following steps.

a ) Copy and upload all the crash dump files located under C:\Windows\Minidump folder for inspection.

b ) Open RUN dialogue (Win key + R ) and enter msinfo32 in it to open system information tool. Select file -->save and save the file in the name system info. Upload it with along  the dumps.

3 ) If you can't boot in to the safe mode either, use a live Linux like Puppy to boot in to the system. Now copy the dump files for uploading. Also post a detailed description of the system configuration along with the last software or hardware change made to the system. 

http://puppylinux.org/main/Download%20Latest%20Release.htm

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 07 July 2013 - 03:52 AM.

#3 ryanbodker

ryanbodker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

i think i may have figured it out, I had been trying to update the firmware on my crucial m4 ssd, but the system wasnt recognizing to drive. Got inside and noticed the drive was plugged into the marvel controllers (blue) instead of the two main intel satas (grey) switched that and updated the firmware on the drive. Havent crashed in a while, fingers crossed.

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

Hi

I have seen a number of cases in which Marvell controllers causes BSOD when combined with SSD drives (they are particularly known to crash Windows 8 ) .  I hope you won't see the blue screens any more. If you need further assistance, let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users