Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First timer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Steiny

Steiny

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

Hi all,

Just discovered your website and decided to help out with an issue i was browsing for that i have resolved for myself.. but i needed to put in a welcome post to show that i have every good intention (good idea!!! too many spammers about on the interwebs already) to not mock up this great help-site.

Anyways, here goes:

I'm Frank, aka Steiny  from the Netherlands, 37 years old/young  and i'm somewhat of a computernuerd (aren't we all?)   I love to play videogames especially when they involve the use of a steeringwheel and pedals (and shifter) aaaaand love to browse the internet. 

Basically you start with something you want to know, and as you go along you just end up expanding your generall knowledge as somehow everything is linked together beautifully. Also the case if you go to youtube to "find that special musicclip" that's been haunting your mind for the past hour and find yourself clicking about and ending up with seeing model trains go by and wake up as your girlfriend calls you for dinner or something like that... Totally sidetracked... i LOVE it! (didn't have that when i was growing up and using the library though, must be that new "interwebs-desease" i see ppl are having lately.. specially with all those bent necks by browsing theyre "smartphones" .. if them phones where really smart, theyd tell you to sit or stand up straight! and look before you leap.. had a lot of nearmisses with the garbagetruck already with ppl who are more interested in theyre smartphone whilst on bicycles then watching the bloody road ahead of them!)      

So, knowing that, i might not be the one browsing and helping here alot, but i think i "could" help with some issues here and there.

Donot expect of me to be a full-time-aid-station of a member, i'm not expecting it of you either, but if i come across things, where i might be able to help, i'll help out.

It's just that i've been involved in communities before, thus deep, that i forgot i had a normal life (somehow, can you imagine that?!) and spent way too much time and money to help out the website..

do i talk too much, probably.... at least i can say that i am very "Frank"  with you. (pun & truth)

Hope to meet some of you and help out, or be helped, whichever comes first! :)

Regards,

Frank    aka Steiny

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

Frankly, Members are not expected to contribute unless they have some experience and expertise in a particular area.  In addition to providing specific help to fellow users, BC contains a large and extensive stock of computer information and knowledge which it shares with anyone using the internet to explore areas of knowledge.

Welcome to BC, and thanks for joining!
Regards,

John

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Steiny

Steiny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

Thank you for the welcome and the explanation, John, much appreciated.

This community is much more advanced then i expected now that i took the time to browse around other topics, very well done in building this up all!

~Salute!~

Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users