Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HOWDY From Texas

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jesst940

jesst940

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

No, we really don't talk like that. We talk like you do except without the accent. LOL (joke)  As with most of you guys I landed here because I have one of those foul monsters we sometimes refer to as a computer, laptop, PC and a host of other names we won't mention at this time. (Hence the name of the site, right?)

By way of introduction: I am a 60-something female. I have owned a computer of my own for about 7 years. Before that had a smidgen of computer class in my brief stay in college. My level of expertise with computers equates to that of my level with an automobile: I can drive it, add gas, oil, water in the radiator, and air in the tires. I can pretty much tell when the car is not "acting right."  When that is the case I call on my husband. He's a retired mechanic, in both military and civilian life. So, when the digital 'car' starts acting up I turn to the mechanics...you guys (and gals of course).

I just want to go on record to say that I for one GREATLY appreciate what this community is doing. After all you could just be going about your merry lives, doing what you do and let the rest of us, the un-cyberwise go ahead and call the repair person and shell out mega bucks to have our machine running good again until the next time we mess it up :) ( in my case-usually  ) 

Thank you again and I expect this to be a pleasant place to get info and help ... In small doses, because my learning curve has become either a loop or a strait line. I am not sure which and maybe both, alternately. Enough for now...THANKS

jesst940 :flowers: 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zestypanda

Zestypanda

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

Why welcome, here at BC we strive to offer the highest level of help at the lowest level of complexity. Furthermore, if you are confused by something here, a step we may instruct you to preform, what the heck a mysterious pop up means (sometimes the messages can be cryptic) just feel free to ask, there are no stupid questions, so feel free to ask away. Usually it takes a few minutes to sometimes a few hours to get a reply, so please be patient, I'm often around here, strolling the fourms, poking my head in to say hi once in a while, also if you can feel free to message (personal message, or Pm) a moderator, admin or anyone here if you have a question, the best respoo sea are usually gleamed from the experienced seasoned forum members, which would be either a moderator or an admin. Or one from the "Malware response team." Not that other members don't know the answer, just that those are your highest bets of getting a quick, concise and correct answer. ~Zestypanda.

Have a question, or just wanna chat? Send me a message. Or add me as a friend.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

if you can feel free to message (personal message, or Pm) a moderator, admin or anyone here if you have a question, the best respoo sea are usually gleamed from the experienced seasoned forum members, which would be either a moderator or an admin. Or one from the "Malware response team." Not that other members don't know the answer, just that those are your highest bets of getting a quick, concise and correct answer. ~Zestypanda.

The best way to get answers to any questions is to ask in the forum. Sending a pm to moderator, admin, or Malware Response Team member does not guarantee a quick answer. The person you send it to may be offline and you have no way of knowing when he/she will be back online. Posting in the forum will usually get you the answer more quickly than a pm.

We have many experienced seasoned forum members who are not staff or MRT members who are capable of answering questions.

#4 Zestypanda

Zestypanda

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

Hello queen, I did specify that there were other competent members, I just have found most of my questions have been answered by moderators or staff members, along with MRT members.

Have a question, or just wanna chat? Send me a message. Or add me as a friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users