Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

photo thumbnails

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 flyhalf

flyhalf

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hi  I  am  new  with  stupid  problems  that  maybe  has  easy  answers  for  the  enlightened  members. The  views  on  the  thumbnails  on  my  pictures  changed  for  no  reason  to  flowers  ect.  Making  it  impossible  to  see  which  photo  is  which .I  tried  to alter  the  view  without  success. This  might  be  for  security  reasons  or it  can  be  a  malfunction?  how  do  I  get  the  original  photo  back  on the  thumbnail  pse,  thanks,  flyhalf.

[Moderator edit and note: moved from Introductions to a more appropriate forum. jgw]

Edited by jgweed, 06 July 2013 - 10:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,891 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

I don't know, but a possible solution would be to use Irfanview. It's a superb free image viewer which allows a small amount of editing, and includes a very quick thumbnail viewer. You can get it from here :-

http://www.irfanview.com/

I use it as my main image viewer, it's excellent. It comes in two parts - the program and the extensions. I would recommend installing both.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 flyhalf

flyhalf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

Thanks, Chris, I  got it  right  by  deleting  a  few  programs  and  restoring  my  Pc. This i believe  had  to  do  with  “viewing”  and  security  and  that  my settings  was  too  high. Each  downloaded  program  it  seems  also  has  its  own  security  wall  and  the  various  walls  interfering   with  each  other?! The culprit  in  this  case  was  supposedly  a  program  I  bought  from  USA  called  REGCURE.PRO  or  Pareto logic

I  had  irfanview   and  found  it  very  suitable  but  it  duplicated  my  Picasso  system  and  i  scrapped  it  after  a  period.  One  is  inclined  to  accumulate  duplicating  programs.  I  had  at  a  stage  the  following  doing  the  same  job  for  me:  zoombrowser, irfanview,  picassa, photoscape,  photoshop  essentials, windows,Nikon  and  nero!

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,891 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

Glad you got it sorted !

One man's meat is another's poison as the old saying goes - I looked at Picassa and decided not to go with it mainly because the storage limits are far too low for my needs, I have something like 250GB of photos (all except the latest backed up) on my system. I have a Nikon camera and tried their software, briefly, and found it incredibly slow. I use Serif PhotoPlus for my heavy duty graphics work and as for the Windows image viewer, the kindest thing I can say for it is that it works, sort of, if you have nothing better.

Funnily enough, the suggestion to use Irfanview came from somebody on BC a while back, and I have been a convinced fan ever since.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users