Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 and 8 will not start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sliverz

Sliverz

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

Asus MB 64 bit OS 6 Gb memory

Here is an example of the 'Event Viewer'

ERROR  ServiceControlManager
 ERROR  DistributedCOM
 ERROR  MicrosoftAntimalware
 ERROR  EventLOg
 ERROR  Bugcheck
 ERROR  Kernel-event tracing

WARNING  Winlogon
 WARNING  Kernel-event tracing

CRITICAL  Kernel-power

Have tried numerous reboots but have to resort to Safe Mode in both Win 7 and Win 8. Both OS have co-cohabited for many months. Have only Spybot and MS Security Essentials. Have updated and run both ( mostly prior to this 'no start' situation)

I'm at a real loss what to do. I'm almost prepared to install puppy linux and try to move as many files as I can from the boot drive. My windows 8 though is on a different drive. Maybe I should install another drive?

TIA for any assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sliverz

Sliverz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Ok... think I found the culprit. I have spent almost the entire day scanning for virii, hardware changes, file systems, configurations and finally when it was going to send info to Microsoft.. it was the display adapter. This is NVIDIA GeForce 210  and when I disabled it, I was able to start windows This adapter

is a built-in on the Asus P5Q SE Plus and now I can't find my user's manual. I just want to find out if I 

can install a newer card for this instead of replacing the motherboard. Other than this problem, the  computer has been great!

#3 ratchet48

ratchet48

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

Silverz,

Do you have the driver installed for the GeForce 210? You usually have to enable PCI graphics cards in BIOS on motherboards with onboard graphics.

Try the ASUS website to locate your motherboard manual which should guide you through the process.

Edited by ratchet48, 07 July 2013 - 09:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users