Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

flash player keeps crashing ???

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 duckyousuckers

duckyousuckers

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

afternoon all.i knew my laptop running smoothly wouldnt last long.ok whats happening is flash player keeps crashing also laptop freezes then message saying plugin is busy or become represive ????? any ideas please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 duckyousuckers

duckyousuckers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

forgot to add keep geting message script is busy or running slow,how do you stop these script error messages ??? thanks

#3 duckyousuckers

duckyousuckers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

so how come im getting emails saying someone replied to my post but when i look theres no comment ?????????

#4 mrmagic69

mrmagic69

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Where, or how can I find the answer(s) that were offered to this question. HELP

#5 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

Hi mrmagic69

Please describe the problem in detail. If you are having trouble with playing YouTube videos, please try the below steps.

:step1: Uninstall Flash player plugin from Control Panel --> Programs.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95346?hl=en

:step2: Install latest version of Google Chrome and observe how flash works in it. Chrome includes flash plugin by default so you don't need to install the plugin manually.

:step3: Make sure the system is free from malwares by scanning withe the below tools.

1. Malwarebytes free -  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Run a full scan with it and remove any threats it founds.

2. ESET Online scannerhttp://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149856

:step4: Make sure the VGA driver is up to date. Also update DirectX.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35

Report your findings in next reply.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 29 July 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#6 ferdie999

ferdie999

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:22 AM

Hi,

This is my first post so Hi.

I had the same problem with Flash, same errors. Tried all of the suggestions from forums. Still no fix!

A guy on the mozilla forum suggested this approach. With nothing to lose on my crippled machine, I tried his recs and it worked. Flash is now behaving.

It seems that Adobe introduced a new protection feature into Flash recently that misbehaves under some circumstances, creating problems that half the world seems to be suffering..

Here is how to disable it:

"You can disable Protected Mode in Flash 11.3 and above by adding the line ProtectedMode=0 to the Flash "mms.cfg" file located in:

(Windows 32bit) C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash 
   (Windows 64bit) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash 

For example, on a Windows 7 64-bit system, open the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash folder, copy the file "mms.cfg" to the desktop, open it in Notepad, add a new line ProtectedMode=0 and then close Notepad, saving your changes. Next, go back to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash folder, rename the original file to "mms.cfgBAK" (to save it as a backup) and then drag and drop in the modified "mms.cfg" file from the desktop"

Hope it works for you!

#7 lipchitz

lipchitz

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:15 PM

Reply to ferdie999, My pc/notepad will not allow me to save the new mms.cfg file?

#8 lipchitz

lipchitz

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:30 PM

Reply to Anshad Edavana, I'm running Vista and have recently switched to Firefox due to chrome's lack of support. Will I still be able to download chrome and view how flash works with Vista? I'm having the same flash player issues as ducky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users