Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Play a M4V Video file

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tim_ver

tim_ver

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

I got a video from a friend who has a MAC, and it was in this file format (M4V). I have tried VLC, Windows Media Player and Windows Live movie maker with no luck. Can someone please help me here in getting this video file to play on my Windows 7 64 bit PC?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TriggerJinxed

TriggerJinxed

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

Have you tried QuickTime?  http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. ~Stephen Hawking

#3 TriggerJinxed

TriggerJinxed

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

Oops, appears I spoke too soon  M4V is Apple's iTunes video format.  You'd need to have iTunes installed to view this type of file, and subsequently have your friend sign into iTunes to view the video.  More info on M4V can be found here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4V

Edited by TriggerJinxed, 05 July 2013 - 12:01 PM.

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. ~Stephen Hawking

#4 tim_ver

tim_ver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

I see VLC listed in the link you gave above, but I have tried this with no luck. How do I get VLC to work and play the M4V file?

Edited by tim_ver, 05 July 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#5 TriggerJinxed

TriggerJinxed

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:53 AM

I'm thinking it's apple's file protection.  Did this friend buy it from iTunes? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users