Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win home prem 7 does not support dynamic disk arrangement.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lawless nevermind

lawless nevermind

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:08 AM

hp m7463w with added 200 gb hdd, win home prem 7, 64bit is installed on factory 300gb hdd. did a clean install and lost the ablity of dynamic disk features. 1st ?. what do i need to do as far as partitioning these two hdd so that i can run linux cinnamon 64bit with 7 in a raid 5 config.? 2nd part of 1st ?. Is the raid hardware hp factory installed enough  to allow 1st part of this ? if not do you know where i could get drivers from xp pro os that supports dynamics disk config. my optical drive would not read my recovery disks, so i trashed them in fit of frustration. My intent is to gain a little better performance from the 3.00gh Intel pent D, multi-core.and expose myself to a different os.in hopes of being freed from the chains of microsoft.Ex. Lack of live support in an arrogant way, an inability to reconize that this is america and I bought this computer and its mine I will represent and make my own choices. Internet explorer, norton and so on.thank you for any help that can be provided, respectfully in need

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

You have only listed two hdds, you will need a minimum of three for RAID 5.

How-To Geek has a good article on setting up a RAID array in Windows 7 which probably will answer most of your questions.

How to Create a Software RAID Array in Windows 7

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

Windows 7 Home editions don't support dynamic disks. Only Enterprise, Professional and Ultimate versions support it. You will be able to use software-based RAID on 7 Premium.

#4 lawless nevermind

lawless nevermind
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:01 AM

Field    Value
CPU Properties    
CPU Type    DualCore Intel Pentium D, 3000 MHz
CPU Alias    Presler
Instruction Set    x86, x86-64, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3
Original Clock    3000 MHz
L1 Trace Cache    12K Instructions
L1 Data Cache    16 KB
L2 Cache    2 MB  (On-Die, ECC, ATC, Full-Speed)

Multi CPU    
CPU #0    Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.00GHz, 3000 MHz
CPU #1    Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.00GHz, 3000 MHz

CPU Manufacturer    
Company Name    Intel Corporation
Product Information    http://www.intel.com/products/browse/processor.htm

CPU Utilization    
CPU #1 / Core #1 / HTT Unit #1    0 %
CPU #1 / Core #1 / HTT Unit #2    3 %

Edited by hamluis, 17 July 2013 - 12:42 PM.
Merged with prior topic - Hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users