Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remove delta-homes.com ???? Please help.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 psytanto

psytanto

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:11 AM

Just recently my homepage is hijaced by http://www.delta-homes.com/?utm_source=b&utm_medium=newgdp&from=newgdp&uid=FUJITSUXMHY2250BH_K41LT852BW9VT852BW9VX&ts=1373007821 in all my browsers. Tried everything I possibly know how to. adwcleaner, roguekiller, combofix etc. And the problem still presists. Can anyone out there help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MCE

MCE

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

I had the same problem. I changed the settings of my browser (I use Google Chrome for the record). I changed my homepage into Google.com and changed my default search engine into Google as well. I also deleted every other homepage and every other search engine that was listed in my settings, so that only Google was left.

After that, I deleted Chrome from my computer. I fired up Internet Explorer and installed Chrome again. After that, my homepage problem was gone. As you might see when you fire up Internet Explorer, the delta-homes is probably still there as your homepage, so it only worked at my Chrome browser. And the steps I took were really simple, without having to install any cleaners or something like that, so this solution most likely is a temporary one with the virus/plug-in/(whatever) still on the computer. However, untill you get any answers to remove it for good, this is probably a good solution.

If there's anything about this post that doesn't make sence, please say so. I'm no computer expert either but this is what worked for me (I did it 30 minutes ago and everything is still good,no weird homepage/searching engine).

Edited by MCE, 05 July 2013 - 07:13 AM.

#3 Dreadz182

Dreadz182

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

I am with the same problem here. I dont know if this is related with the problem but my shockwave was always crashing on the google chrome. Then this delta-homes page came from nowhere! My computer was super slow so  i uninstalled the shockwave flash player and the performance got much better. I tried what MCE did and had the same outcome and even after i deleted the shockwave it still remain the delta-homes as initial page on the IE. I tried spyhunter either with no result. 

#4 philmojacar

philmojacar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

MCE,thanks a lot.I've been trying to get rid all day and now thanks to you it's gone and I am back on newly installed Chrome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users