Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rundll Error 0o8w0lk0.dll

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 luckyjoe

luckyjoe

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:43 PM

When my computer reboots, I get a rundll error 0o8w0lk0.dll when my programs load up. It says error loading 0o8w0lk0.dll. The specific module cannot be found. Should i just ignore the error because nothing else seems to be wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:56 PM

Do you know exactly when this anomaly began?

Have you used any kind of registry cleaner or ap that modifies the registry recently?

Are you getting any popup ads or having any kind of problem surfing to different web pages?

Has anything changed your home page (without your intentionally doing it)?

#3 luckyjoe

luckyjoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2006 - 05:04 PM

i dont quite remember when it started and i havent used any registry cleaner. There has been no change to my home page and not really getting any popups

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:38 PM

That's a bad file. Malware. Not sure what it's from, but it's commonly removed. What probably happened is one of your antispyware programs deleted that .dll and something is still trying to run it. It's actually good that it's not running, but not good that its parent program wasn't cleaned up.

You should post a hijack log in our hijack forum. Read this first. Please be patient, it's taking a long time to get to the logs.

Don't post to your own log because they're looking for posts with no replies first.

Don't attempt to fix anything with Hijack This yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users