Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

E Mail Download Fails Due To Virus Error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 catechumen

catechumen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

When I downloaded a file either in Gmail or Yahoo Email, it always ends up failing due to virus error. It happens to IE10, Google chrome and Firefox after I upgraded my laptop to IE10 and the latest version of Gmail. The laptop runs W7 Ultimate SP 1 with SuperAntispyware and Microsoft Seccurity Essentials. I use Superantispyware on demand-only for long time and quite happy with it. I don't remember exactly why MSE is there. I do notice once in a long while, MSE reports some virus errors.

I ran the same downloads from work computer using Gmail/IE9 and Yahoo Mail/IE9 and got no problems.

Each download appears taking a while on the initial downloading before announcing virus error. Any types of files get the same fate.

Same problem is still there after the uninstallation of Google Chrome. (Google Chrome was added after the IE10 upgrade from IE9).

Thanks for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users