Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP will not start

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Carlriv5

Carlriv5

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

Hi all need your help.  My toshiba M45-S269 will not start.  tries to start but then stops midway through.  Does the same thing in every safe mode.  Tried to repair windows install but it asks for a administrators password.  I never had one on this computer and have tried any possible one that I would use.  I used ntbr-cd to run a chkdsk and that worked well.  Am stuck and cannot think of what else to do.  Would appreciate any help.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

<<Tried to repair windows install but it asks for a administrators password.>>

If you tried to use the Recovery Console...that password line is normal.  Most of us just hit the Enter key and move on to the line for typing Recovery Console commands.

You might take a look at the Laptop Troubleshooting Assistant and see if anything there might help.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users