Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Optical Drive Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stringman58

Stringman58

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297089/dvd-drive-software-download/page-2#entry3094895 - Hamluis.

I just wanted to add.

I found a disk that I have which came with a DVD drive someone gave me that has the model number DHM-G48 on it. This device is very similar to yours and this software will work with your drive.

If you can not find your disk, let me know, I will try to provide you with a downloadable copy of the software.

This disk is entitled CyberLink PowerDVD XP 4.0 I can make an ISO of it freely as there is no copy-write restrictions listed in the EULA smile.gif

Hey Bruce , If you are still part of this forum. I could really use that software. These dvd roms from this company don't recognize blank cd's or dvd's without it. Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 04 July 2013 - 02:13 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 slgrieb

slgrieb

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

I bought a used DVD Drive from computersplus and need to know how to get the software for it or something i dont know what brand but i got the model number DHM -16485 please help

If you have an optical drive that appears to be defective, it probably is. However, there are some software problems that cause your drive to malfunction in Windows. Essentially, uninstalling or changing your burning software can create problems.  iTunes is a pretty bad citizen when it comes to this sort of problem; installing it on top of other burning software can render your optical drive invisible  So, here is MS's fix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461 Yes, I know the  article is targeted at Vista, but you see the same issue in XP, Vista, and Win7 and the same Registry keys are always involved.

Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is... 
WIFFLEBALL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users