Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Want to skip adf.ly or other link direction sites?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

Hi. I've found recently that there is way to skip all adf.ly , linkbucks or other websites that you need to wait and skip ad.

This will need firefox and greasemonkey extension to get "Redirecton Helper Script".

Sorry for no pictures because my firefox is not in English.

1.If you already have firefox, go to firefox button > extensions.

2.Go to install extension and search for GreaseMonkey.

3.Click "Add this to firefox" at "GreaseMonkey 1.9" (or sort like that.) Extension.

4.After it finnished installing, restart firefox.

5.Go to this link : Click.

6.Click Green "Install" button at the top right corner. If firefox ask you to install it or not, please allow.

7.Then GreaseMonkey will said something like "Successfully Installed!" and you are done.

What will happen? : If you go to website that shrink URL with some ads website, firefox will now figure out what is its real destination, block ads and redirect you to that website until you reach real webpage.(No matter how many ads websites are behind that. I've already find someone that use adfly,linkbucks and about 2 or 3 after that and this script skipped them in about 10 secs.)

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:15 AM

Note: This script no longer works for adf.ly but still works for other websites.

Thank you.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#3 filipo603

filipo603

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

Thanks.It help me

May Computer Be With You! :luke: 

#4 britnilinda

britnilinda

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

Awesome tips. I was also so bored with adf.ly Now I am happy to know that It can be removed.......I'll try it.

#5 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

Awesome tips. I was also so bored with adf.ly Now I am happy to know that It can be removed.......I'll try it.

Sadly, but this script no longer works for adf.ly

#6 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

For Adf.ly you can use Adblock :) 

#7 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

For Adf.ly you can use Adblock :)

Sorry, but please read before post. This thread is talking about how to skip wait for 5 second thing, not ad.

Thank you.

#8 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

I've read it,and also read that the script no longer works for Adf.ly,hence.

edit : also a white screen for five seconds is better than "CLICK HERE! YOU'VE JUST A WON PRICE"

Edited by Jesus H. Christ, 01 September 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#9 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

I've read it,and also read that the script no longer works for Adf.ly,hence.

edit : also a white screen for five seconds is better than "CLICK HERE! YOU'VE JUST A WON PRICE"

ik, thx you understand! (But I still think that instant redirect is better than wait, but adf.ly is very unblockable now.)

#10 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

yup but Adf.ly,and those greedy bastards who use it,wants $$$ for free.

#11 TheChunkWorld

TheChunkWorld

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

I don't have any issues with adf.ly links, as long as they are to support creators of good content. If they are just to spam, or to link to someone else's website for the sake of it, then yes, that isn't right, but if it is your own content for which you have created, then you're right to want something for it, 5 seconds and an advertisement is nothing compared to the time taken to create such content.

#12 Erin Walsh

Erin Walsh

• Banned Spammer
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

Good points, Chunk.  I agree that if the ad is not spamming it is worth the time.  However, spamming my own content does make me want to know where is my cut?  These ads can be disruptive to new viewers, which is disconcerting.

#13 dannyo669

dannyo669

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

That's a neat little trick that I might try out. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users