Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible my google account was hijacked?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 1Houser1

1Houser1

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Hi all,

as I reported tomorrow my PC was infected. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499931/malware-redirects-all-installed-browsers/

But no one replied so I started trying some tips posted on this forum. After all I think the problem is that my google account was hijacked, but actually it causing problems with Chrome. Because in other browsers this malware or whatever it is, just rewrite the homepage in settings which i can easily override. But in chrome not, it leaves my default homepage and it loads a different tab with site searchlatina.com when i start chrome.

This is what I do:

1., Scanned system with:

- mallwarebytes

- adwcleaner

- tdssciller

- spybot sd

2., After that I uninstall every browser with Revo uninstaller and clean up my registers.

3., Change my google password.

4., Install chrome again.

5., Started chrome. Everything was fine.

6., I ve logged in chrome via my google account. Then i close the chrome browser and after that started it again. Now it is as it was before. Started with homepage in front and with searchlatina.com site in second tab.

Im a bit scared because if my google account was hacked, then the attacker now knows every informations an paswords.

So pls someone help me.

;-/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

All of our volunteers are working as hard as they can. We have quite a few members waiting ahead of you. Currently there is about a three to 4 day wait for logs to get a reply. Many times it depends on they type of infection and the familiarity a particular volunteer has with those types of malware. So some may be picked up before others. But all will be responded to. There is no set time table to get a reply as our volunteers work when they are able.

We thank you for your patience. You will get a reply.

To avoid confusion I am closing this topic and your previously posted topic will be responded to by one of our volunteers.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users