Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tablet Preference and Does processor affect download speeds?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PorscheFB61

PorscheFB61

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

I was at Best Buy today looking at Windows 8 tablets.  They had one by Asus and the other from Microsoft.  I wanted one with Windows 8 and not the RT version since I want to install my own apps.  I am downloading stuff constantly for work so download speed is important.  The geek squad rep told me that I should go with the Microsoft one because it has an i5 processor vs the Asus which has an Atom processor.  He said that since it has a better processor that I will get better download speed.  I thought that download speed is based on your internet speed from the modem and the bottleneck, if any, caused by the wireless router and doesnt really have to do with the processor.  If anyone has any insight please let me know.  Also if anyone has experience with the Asus VivoTab Smart and the Microsoft Surface Pro tablets and has any advice let me know.  Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users