Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot set album art screensaver -- please assist!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jakobkraft

jakobkraft

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

I installed this screensaver, which is listed as a Windows 8 app: http://www.windows8appstore.com/windowssoftware/album-art-screensaver-05/593118.html

It installs fine and it shows up in my lists of screensavers and I'm able to preview it.
BUT when I try to apply it in 'Personalization' it just says 'None.'
See attached screenshot.

I was able to install another screensaver which let me apply it just fine -- sadly, the album art screensaver is the only one I want, but it won't let me do it!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance!!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 960 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

I make programmes in VB6. I made a screensaver app when I used WinME and it worked, It did work on WinXP but now that's stopped even through you can set it up and preview. It works perfectly on my Vista, it didn't work when I had Win7 installed. I've just brought a new Windows 8 64bit laptop and it works perfectly on that. You just add *.JPG;*.JPEG;*.BMP;*.WMF;*.GIF pictures of your drive and they show.

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users