Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting Google Toolbar onto Current Versions of Firefox

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

I have had the Google Toolbar on my Firefox since version 3.

At about version 4, Google and Firefox seemed to have a squabble and Google withdrew their toolbar by making it incompatible with Firefox. Big laugh to me, I just got round their embargo and still have my Google Toolbar on Firefox current version 22.

For users like me who had the Google Toolbar before FF version 4, here is what to do :-

Start>Run>%appdata%>OK>Mozilla>Firefox>rmwshom9.default>extensions>{3112ca9c-de6d-4884-a869-9855de68056c}>install.rdf>bar along to <em:maxVersion>XX.0.*</em:maxVersion>about half way along on top line and change the "XX" to your version number - mine is currently set at 24.0>close. You can enter what value you like, 30.0 would be  fine.

A simpler way is to install Firefox add-on "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/checkcompatibility/ Disable Add-on Compatibility Checks

This add-on disables the Firefox compatibility check which tags the Google Toolbar as being incompatible and allows it to be installed and/or updated. It is said that with this add-on installed, the Google Toolbar can be downloaded and installed on Firefox. Always make sure that current updates are actioned.

There are other fiddles available if you surf the web on this subject, but I regard the two described as being the most popular.

Edited by yabbadoo, 03 July 2013 - 08:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users