Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which distro for me to RDP to Windows Server 2012

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PhoenixIT

PhoenixIT

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

Hi,

Can someone please recommend a lean distro for low speced PCs that includes RDP module to RDP to a Windows Server 2012 Server?

Any advice welcome.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

Although I haven't used it myself this should be what you are looking for...

FreeRDP: A Remote Desktop Protocol Implementation

FreeRDP is a free implementation of the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), released under the Apache license. Enjoy the freedom of using your software wherever you want, the way you want it, in a world where interoperability can finally liberate your computing experience.

http://www.freerdp.com/

Here is a link to the Debian source package for FreeRDP: (If there is a Debian source then any of the Debian based Linux offerings, like Ubuntu, should have a package.)

http://packages.debian.org/source/squeeze/freerdp

#3 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,498 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

There is a lot of flavors out there Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Kali. Some of them may already have it built in. Anyone of them that don't have it can get it by using the apt-get repository. Just type... sudo apt-get install rdesktop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users