Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo
- - - - -

How to fix Windows-No Disk Error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

Hi. This tutorial will look into the "Windows- No Disk" Error that probably causes by virus or windows error, this will cause a Win95 like Message Title " Windows - No Disk " that cannot be closed only way to temp close this is to quickly click on close button.

(And it will come back in less than 5 mins.) But in this tutorial will be permanent fix.

The  Message box will be similar to this one :

PIJDaBx.jpg

Thanks image from :http://www.rattaphumcity.com (I cannot create the picture because my computer don't have this problem.)

Important note!

This tutorial will involves with modifying the registry. I recommended you to backup your registry before proceeding :

Backing Up Your Registry

• Go Here and download ERUNT
    (ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.)
  • Install ERUNT by following the prompts
    (use the default install settings but say no to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the start-up folder, if you like you can enable this option later)
  • Start ERUNT
    (either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup)
  • Choose a location for the backup
    (the default location is C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT which is acceptable).
  • Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are ticked
  • Press OK
  • Press YES to create the folder.

If you already backed-up the registry, Let's begin:

1.Go to Run > regedit > OK.

NBGqJb7.png

2. Go to this key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows

zz6mcpK.png

3.Double click the DWORD value name "ErrorMode". This box will open.

IeGKRQj.png

4.Change value data to "2" without quotes. > OK

LaicvA2.png

5.Close your "Windows - No Disk" Message Box, Now it will gone forever!

Thank you! Hope this help you!

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users