Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lag Spikes?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 viewsonic111

viewsonic111

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

Hi all,

I've been experiencing some pretty gnarly lag spikes on my wired connection. I'm looking very much in the direction of Time Warner but I just want to rule out something on my end before I have them send someone over.  

Basically what happens is my internet will be fine then suddenly lag spike, HARD. Let's say if I'm playing a game on a US West server and my ping is constantly at 67, it will intermittently spike to about 260-350 and stay there for a few minutes. It fluctuates very wildly but consistently. I've attached a HiJackThis log below.

Mod Edit:  Removed HJT data, not allowed/used in this forum.  See No DDS, HijackThis, or ComboFix logs - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum-167/announcement-45-no-dds-hijackthis-or-combofix-logs-should-be-posted-in-this-forum/ = Hamluis.

Thank you!

Edited by hamluis, 02 July 2013 - 04:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users