Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ntldr Is Compressed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gingee4k

gingee4k

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 17 April 2006 - 11:47 AM

This is the first time I am asking for help here but in the past this form has helped a great deal so I thank you for that. Anyway I have a Windows XP. I went to turn it on yesterday and had a problem ended up opening it through the Browse file. Anyway since I had problems with the opening I Tryed to restore it another date.. Since this time I have had problem so I went and inserted the 5 disk for a Partial complete restore (where you leave no data but it resets your system to what was on it at the beginiing) Now I get the Compaq sceen showing but no further. The Compaq sceen flashes for a few seconds then it goes blank. At his time "NTLDR is Compressed " "Press Control+ALT+Del" shows. when this is done it just loops back to it again.. I have tried Microsoft they say something about a back up file to down load but my system isn't even reconizing this.. Any Help would be appreciated .. LIke an idiot I have 3 years of photos I haven't printed yet and don't want to loose them..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 17 April 2006 - 12:55 PM

gingee4k:

I found the following when researching your problem. Since you are using a Compaq computer, this seemed to be the closest solution to your problem.

Was your drive compressed?

HP and Compaq PCs - Error: NTLDR is compressed. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart

This document applies to HP and Compaq Desktop computers with Windows XP.
If you have compressed the hard disk drive using the Compress drive to save disk space option under the Properties menu for your hard disk drive and have performed a non-destructive recovery or a system recovery, the following error message may appear: NTLDR is compressed. Press CRTL-ALT-DEL to restart.

Click the following link for the full instructions:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/fastFaq...cname=c00220758
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users