Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop Loading before Services

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GuitarFiend

GuitarFiend

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

After Windows XP system recovery ( not restore),Windows desktop seems to be loading before Windows services.Wireless networking and Microsoft security essentials seem to take forever to load.Particularly the MSE.Which is sad because I can actually get on the internet before I'm protected !!??

I USED TO have this pc set up to load a browser at start up.But,because of this issue,I can no longer do this.(it's my elderly mothers & I take care of it for her.I did this so she would understand when it was ready to be used). Any insight into this little problem would be much appreciated.

Xtra info:After recovery-no updates (Windows) have been installed as of yet.System is running XP w/sp2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

For starters you should update your machine to sp3.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=24

After you have completed that step then let me know how things are.

#3 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

And after installing SP3, go to Windows or Microsoft update and install the approximately 100 updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users