Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft App-v questions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hispaladin

hispaladin

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

Ok we have three servers in our network all running 2008.  We have a single program that we need remote access to and we currently use citrix xenapp.  I found some info on microsoft app-v and am trying to look into it but it is confusing as all get out.  We currently have RDS CALs for use with citrix and as such (as I understand it) they have the licence for app-v bundled in.  But this is a little unclear as I have also found that there are two ways of using app-v, one of which is licensed with the RDS CAL and one is not.  The way our clients currently access the app we use is to go to our website and log into citrix then open the app (it is a very lightweight app).  Is the app-v for RDS capable of doing this or is it going to be more like opening a virtual desktop on the server then running the app that way?  The more info I dig up on this the more confusing it gets so if someone understands it and could clarify this for me it would be wonderful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users