Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tell Us What You Would Like To See Here At Bc!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:32 AM

The Bleeping Computer Staff would like to invite all of you to help us shape Bleeping Computer as we move into the future. As part of our goal to make this a warm, enjoyable, and informative site we are always looking for ways to improve the experience it provides. With all of this said, we are wondering if there are any other forum categories that you, the members, would find enjoyable.

These forums can be for advanced subjects or even more beginner subjects that we have missed. If there is enough demand from all of you, then we will add them.

When thinking about this, please keep in mind that we envision Bleeping Computer as not only a place to come and ask a question and get an answer, but also as a place to have good, deep, conversation about computers in general.

If you have suggestions that are not related to the forums...post them anyway!

So with that said.... suggest away!

P.S. I will keep this topic open for three weeks. After that all the suggestions will be reviewed and acted upon.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:32 PM

What a great idea! Asking our many wonderful members for their feedback, as to what content they would like to have added at Bleeping Computer.

I am looking forward, to all of what I'm sure will be fantastic suggestions.
Posted Image

#3 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:11 PM

Just so you know, I have taken notice of this thread. However, as of right now, I have nothing to suggest right now.

Thanks for asking, though. :thumbsup: You guys and gals are great!!!

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:36 PM

Hmmm....could we make a smiley face that looks extremely confused and is drooling? I really need that smiley for some of my replies. With some of the answers that I get, I tend to get "lost in translation" so to speak, and get confused as to what I was reading. A confused drooling smiley would be in nearly all my replies to questions that I ask, as I usually ask a technical question, and get an even more technical response that is above and beyond my understanding and knowledge of computers. So I sit there in front of my computer and look confused and begin to drool.

I used to think that I was smart. Then my wife stepped in and told me otherwise. :thumbsup:

On the flip side, everyone here has been simply fantastic with both their patience and their kindness in answering my questions! I've learned a lot from this site, and hopefully will keep on learning. Of course, if I learn any more, my head will swell and all my hair will fall out :flowers:

I've been hanging out in the "Hardware and software" secion, as I feel that my strongest point as far as computer go. However, my "goal" is to make it on the HJT team. Hmmm....yes....first a member of the HJT team then......WORLD DOMINATION!!! MUWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

Thanks to everyone here at Bleepingcomputer.com for everything that you all do!!!!!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 awwitsok

awwitsok

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:23 AM

It would be really neat to see some kind of tutorial on wireless networking. I know and have been there trying to set up 2 computers with out a router. And have achieved that. But as with anything it can';t last long. SO a router is my next purchase.

Thanks a bunch.

Great site. At least there are people who look and respond to the questions for help. :thumbsup:

#6 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:47 AM

Hmmm....could we make a smiley face that looks extremely confused and is drooling

I can send you a real life photo of my ugly mugg.

Hmmm....yes....first a member of the HJT team then......WORLD DOMINATION!!! MUWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

:thumbsup:

On a serious note, i feel as a new member that there are alot of issues and topics already covered here. I would maybe suggest cleaning up dormant or unused members accounts as i,ve seen there are quite a number if members that have never even posted or only posted once.

Possibly some more stats on members perhaps a combined total demographic of members can be formed..might be interesting, might also be a bad idea, so its just food for thought.

Stats are cool :flowers:

Does it show i work in marketing :trumpet:

All the same i appreciate that you ask the members for their suggestions and i hope it helps you creating an even better BC community.

#7 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 02:58 PM

Only been around here a month or so (I frequent other boards as well) but I do find the order of forums in the Quick Jump dropdown menu a little clumsy. Mainly the "How to" guides. They're stuck in between OS,HW, and other forum links. Every now and then I find myself in the "how to's" while having to scroll past them. :thumbsup:
It would be nice to see them pushed down the menu just above the "chat" forums as they are mainly references anyway. Other then that minor annoyance, It's pretty nice around here. Keep up the great work.

Edited by HitSquad, 21 April 2006 - 03:08 PM.

#8 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:24 AM

What a great idea! Asking our many wonderful members for their feedback, as to what content they would like to have added at Bleeping Computer

Just noticed today there are now ads in the in the starting topic of every thread.
Bad placement guys. Makes it hard to read. :thumbsup:
Not something most posters want to see "Added". :flowers:

OK, now they're gone again.
Working on the site are we?

Edited by HitSquad, 22 April 2006 - 06:28 AM.

#9 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:28 AM

What a great idea! Asking our many wonderful members for their feedback, as to what content they would like to have added at Bleeping Computer

Just noticed today there are now ads in the in the starting topic of every thread.
Bad placement guys. Makes it hard to read. :thumbsup:
Not something most posters want to see "Added". :flowers:

Yeah noticed that yesterday. Isnt there some way of having like a "advertising bot" that enters like one "reply" per thread ( or more ) with advertisement content. Have seen that on some other forum, dont ask me where tho :trumpet: .

Other than that, great site. Always been, always will be. Tho I had to get used to your policy of making tuts in a way that anyone can follow them, since most other tuts get very technical with all the ever reoccuring spyware/malware.

bfn & regards,

JOhannes

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

#10 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:23 PM

Dont worry about the advertisements. If you are a member you will see none of them. There are a few pages left that show ads to members and they will be fixed soon.

Ads are only shown to guests now.

I do not think thats an unfair policy. Guests see ads...members dont. Membership is free so no reason to complain :thumbsup:

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,240 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:56 PM

I think putting all polls in their own space would be good. One can see all and answer more as they won't get buried.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#12 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 23 April 2006 - 01:19 AM

Ads are only shown to guests now.

I do not think thats an unfair policy. Guests see ads...members dont. Membership is free so no reason to complain :thumbsup:

Oh silly me. Could have been that i saw them when i wasnt signed on :flowers: . Thats interesting that you can show ads to guests, but not to members. Didnt know that and more then fair I d say :trumpet: .

The polls to be done i a different section is a good idea, so you can quickly check if there are new ones and you dont accidently oversee em, even if you are interested in taking part...

regards

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

#13 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:40 AM

I work in Marketing and advertising...i love statsand results generated from polls....i think the posted ideas on polls are good ones.

#14 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:41 PM

I'm no Mac fan (my user name on a Mac forum is "MacKillsMyInnerChild" :thumbsup: ), but I would like to see more on Mac, so that people can get the best of both worlds. Hell, even throw Linux or Unix in there. Even some Linux ditros like SuSE or Fedora. This would open a brand new door in BC. Its called bleeping computer, not bleeping PC. You never now, some people can have bleeping Macs, so I say that's a good addition. :flowers:

EDIT:
We do have a Linux/Unix forum...oops :trumpet:

Well, still add that Mac forum as an independent one and also add emulators!! Like PearPC and/or VMWare Player.

Edited by TheYoda, 23 April 2006 - 06:56 PM.

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

#15 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:02 PM

Well I think a usefull feature would be a "mark all posts as read" button at the bottom of the "new posts" area. When you scroll down a full page you have to go all the way back up to hit the button to make all posts read.

Thats about all I can think of for now....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users