Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this Infected ? If so with what ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 damando

damando

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

A friends Pc has a few problems and I am uncertain what it could be as they will not say much about what happen. I suspect they download music or games perhaps. Anyways I see that their Firewall is not turned on and I am unable to turn it on. Also the Windows Updates seems to have never run and I am unable to run updates as well. Their web browser "Firefox" randomly changes for no reason. Here is what I have done so far to try to fix their problems. We live in two different cities approx 65 miles apart. I have used "Team viewer" and ran these programs in "safe mode with net working". ( Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ) , ( R-Kill ) , ( SUPERAntiSpyware ) , ( Spybot - Search & Destroy ) , ( tdsskiller-Rootkit removing tool ) , ( ComboFix )

All have been updated. A few questions 1st-- Should I be using the Windows programs "RemoteApp and Desktop Connection ? or is Teamviewer fine ? Also after running these and after their Pc re-boots and does a rescan with what appears to be "Spybot" before windows boots itself up, it seems to just slowly come back to being infected again with-in an hour. 2-- Is there another program I can use wether it is Paid or free does not matter to me. I just do not want to have the Geeksquad work on it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance..

I built this Pc for them about 4 yrs ago and this is the 1st time they have had any type of infection. It is a AMD build ,mobo GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3,G.SKILL Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600),Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz,Antec BP550 Plus 550W. Windows 7 64bit

Edited by damando, 01 July 2013 - 03:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

Please,,,do not run any other tools which might be used to fight malware.

We prefer that you await instruction/suggestions from Staff members on how you should proceed...rather than haphazardly try various tools which may only compound the frustration created by the current system problems.

Thank :).

Louis

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

Hello having run ComboCFix ,,, we now need to see that log with a DDS log. You have to start a new topic.
Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users