Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Card Problem !

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 telekon

telekon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:02 AM

[b [size=4]hello, i am new to this forum and this is my first post. my problem is my sound card. i recently purchased a 514dx 5.1 sound expert optical card. made by trust. when i first installed the card it worked fine.
i have a 6 speaker set up and i had a disc that came with the card with a program to test the 5.1 etc. anyway everything was great until one morning i got up and hey presto no sound from my speakers. i did the usual checks for wiring etc and all was fine. i then unplugged the jacks from the sound card and put them into the ones that are already built in to my comp. worked fine. which is weird because i disabled the onboard sound via the bios. in the bios it gave me the option to disable onboard azalea97 which i did. but even though i disabled it it still works. my problem is that my soundcard no longer appears to work, and im wondering how i can test the card or try anything to get it to work again. (there are no conflicts in device manager for audio controllers etc). any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:22 AM

Have you check the Device Manage to see if the old card is Disabled and the new card is Enabled? Also check the Sound and Audio Devices in the Control Panel and make sure the appropirate device is selected.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users