Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

does anyone know how in the devil to get rid of the Searchwide redirector?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 slipperypete

slipperypete

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

I went to use my gf's pc and its loaded with crap... im pretty vigilant about keeping things clean/update/running correctly... but allas, its impossible lol

most recently i noticed her search provider got changed, which is pretty common for people who next next finish their way through freeware (i guess T_T)

sooo i looked for extensions, addons, programs, searchbars... etc

and no dice.

i tried adw, avg, and mbam... still no luck

i also noticed at the bootom of the webpage it redirects to is some uninstall instructions... which are more than worthless, which actually suggests downloading a SECOND program to remove it... oh the poor saps that take advise from malware to dl more malware to get rid of the origional malware lol

anyone heard or have experience with this awesome little headache?

and thanks for being awesome :)

EDIT: and now add the junkware removal tool to the list of things that didnt work lol... /cry

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 01 July 2013 - 05:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NorthernScally

NorthernScally

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

last few times my browser has been hijacked by freeware etc ive used adwcleaner
available from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users