Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this a good Gaming PC Setup?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pr3cast

Pr3cast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

I am buying parts to build a gaming computer on newegg, and I want to know if this setup would be good.

Motherboard: ASUS F2A55-M LK Micro ATX

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 8670D Dedicated 2GB GDDR5, AMD Radeon HD 7660D Intergated Graphics

CPU: AMD A10-6800K @4.1GHz (overclock to 4.4GHz)

Power Supply: OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply 

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
(only temporary i will install a SSD later on)

Disk Drive: LG 24X DVD Burner

Computer Case: Compucase Enterprise Black 0.5mm Thickness SECC Micro ATX Tower Case

Total Cost: 507.94$

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hi

:welcome: to the forum

I understand you are trying to build a casual gaming PC. For 500 USD, you will get better configuration than the one you listed.

Check the configuration in the below link. It is far better than the configuration you listed. I just provided the link as an example. You can customize the components at your will.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/pc-builds/46-pcbuildupg/1091-cheap-bastard-april-build

Weather you buy AMD or Intel CPU, buy a quad core one and don't bother about overclocking it. Honestly, you won't experience any noticeable FPS improvement by overclocking the CPU. There are some apps which benefits from CPU overclocking such as CAD, Video rendering etc. Even GTA 4 - (the most CPU hungry game ever released for PC-) hardly benefit from CPU overclocking. On the other hand, a GPU overclocking will improve the FPS in any game but it i up to you.

#3 Pr3cast

Pr3cast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

Hi

:welcome: to the forum

I understand you are trying to build a casual gaming PC. For 500 USD, you will get better configuration than the one you listed.

Check the configuration in the below link. It is far better than the configuration you listed. I just provided the link as an example. You can customize the components at your will.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/pc-builds/46-pcbuildupg/1091-cheap-bastard-april-build

Weather you buy AMD or Intel CPU, buy a quad core one and don't bother about overclocking it. Honestly, you won't experience any noticeable FPS improvement by overclocking the CPU. There are some apps which benefits from CPU overclocking such as CAD, Video rendering etc. Even GTA 4 - (the most CPU hungry game ever released for PC-) hardly benefit from CPU overclocking. On the other hand, a GPU overclocking will improve the FPS in any game but it i up to you.

Casual Gaming?

I want to be able to play games like League of legends, World of Warcraft, and I want to do minecraft commentary(minecraft, screen record, and skype open at the same time).

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

Hi

You can play that games in decent settings with the above configuration. If you are intended to do screen recording along with playing games, save some more money and buy a pretty decent graphics card. You don't need to upgrade the CPU. The AMD 8670 you intended to buy is even not capable of playing those games at high resolution.

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

Clarify something for me.  The HD 8670- Is this a discrete card or the APU built into the CPU?  I found a Radeon 8670 (OEM) videocard on AMDs site, and also found reference to an 8670 APU (built into the CPU) graphics.

Just curious.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#6 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

Clarify something for me.  The HD 8670- Is this a discrete card or the APU built into the CPU?  I found a Radeon 8670 (OEM) videocard on AMDs site, and also found reference to an 8670 APU (built into the CPU) graphics.

Just curious.

The 8670D would be the APU as the graphics card 8670 is only available to OEM. Also 16GB of ram is a bit of an overkill and you should change the power supply to something like the Corsair CX500 which is far more reliable then the OCZ.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users