Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a ZeroAccess.in trojan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 mikm

mikm

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

(I first posted this in the "Am I infected? What do I do?" Forum)

I am using Windows 7 64bit.

I recieved a warning from McAfee yesterday telling me that it had detected a trojan and quarantined it but I can't seem to delete it. I have run McAfee Stinger and Malwarebytes Anti-malware since then but if anything it has gotten worse.

This is what MBAM said it was:

C\:Windows\assembly\GAC_32\desktop.ini

C\:Windows\assembly\GAC_64\desktop.ini

and the infected file was:

\SystemRoot\System32\services.exe

It started off with 2 items but at the last check MBAM said it had quarantined 104 all with the same name:

Rootkit.0Access         C:\Windows\Installer\{b9a15bfb-da00-4b5a-caf6-739dbf90...

Since running MBAM I've started to get loads of fake pop-ups and cookies have been turned off barring me from signing into things like YouTube. My McAfee firwall keeps turning off also

I've tried to restore it to an earlier point but I got an error code so I tried it again and it since that restore is switched off but, when I try to switch it on it is already on but I still can't restore it.

Any help you could give me would be really, really appreciated. However, I'm not that great with computers so go easy on me please :P

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Hey Mikm,

This forum is for discussion on AntiVirus, FIrewalls and Privacy and Protection Methods.

This topic will probably be closed due to your other post being in the "Am I Infected" forum (that is correct place to post what you did)

Please be patient with the people that will help you, they're helping out of their own spare time.

Craig.

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

#3 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

As Darktune stated above, the correct forum for your post is in the Am I Infected forum to which you already have a topic. FTR, that topic is here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499667/i-have-a-zeroaccessin-trojan-please-help/#entry3091948

Please stay with that topic, and I'll close this one to avoid confusion.

bloopie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users