Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Server Auth issues for certain games

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 admiralawesome

admiralawesome

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

I've been having an intermittent issue with my ability to connect to certain companies authorization servers lately, with seemingly no reason to prompt it. The only 2 I'm having these issues with is Blizzards WoW launcher (cannot get past the "Checking for Updates" prompt) and League of Legends login auth ("Did not receive a response from the server;retrying")

During this time, every other internet function continues as normal and speeds are not affected.

On the application side of things, I've done a complete reinstall of both and scoured through their respective forums on various fixes with no resolution.

On the computer side of things, I've reset the router and modem, check my NIC, checked to allow these programs through any firewall/antivirus currently running, turned off those programs and done a reboot several times. Nothing seems to fix it, though after a few hours to a few days, the problem disappears.

Along with this, I've got 3 other users/computers on the same network, and they are never plagued by this problem. Both programs run with no similar issue.

Any idea to what's going on here?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users