Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor fluctuates

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nav2684

nav2684

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:32 AM

Hi, I have a dell 18.5'' led monitor. Earlier it was working fine but for the past few days it is fluctuating continuously. It is connected to a UPS.  I tried it on the mains but it doesn't switch on. I even installed it's drivers. I don't know whether it's a UPS problem or the monitor problem or the video card problem!!!!!. Plz help me out... thnx...

Edited by nav2684, 30 June 2013 - 05:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,206 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

It sounds like your monitor is on the way out, but it may not be. The simplest way to check is to either plug in a different monitor, just borrow one, or take your monitor round to a friend's house and plug it into their computer.

If you plug another monitor into your and it works perfectly, the problem is with your monitor. If you plug your monitor into a different computer and it shows the same faults, it is definitely your monitor. You could also try substituting different power leads and video leads.

Why are you runnning a monitor off a UPS ?  Is your local power supply, shall we say, flexible ?  If that is the case, it could be that your UPS is not managing to hold a steady output voltage. Have you tried metering the output voltage ?

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users