Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Format and re-install question.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:19 AM

I have decided to sell the laptop which has been the machine in my latest topics. I did a reformat using a Windows 7 HP disk. It is not a copy. I purchased it several months ago. I also made sure I made a copy of the wireless driver as I seem to lose it when I do a clean re-install. I have been suspicious of something being amiss with this laptop. Refer to my content to see what I am talking about. 
I just completed the re-instll and downloaded the correct wirless driver using a flash drive. I then was asked to restart to finish installing wireless driver. I did so and got this:

Remove disks or other media,
Press any key to restart

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 083)
Copyright © 197-200 Intel Corp.

This product covered by one or more of the follwing patents:
(several #s)

Realtek PCIe FEFamily controller Series v1.19 (08/10/09)
PXE-E61: media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM,
Operating system not found

Before doing the restart it asked me to remove all devices. The only thing I had in was the flashdrive I used to download wirless driver. When I tried to eject it said it was in use. i then clicked restart and pulled flshdrv out. The above is what happened next. The only way to restart again was to use main power to shut down and restart. It restarted normally and wireless driver seems to work fine. I have gone no further at this time. If you think it would be better you may put this in a new topic if possible. Than you very much for your time.
Fast Reply
default_large.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:36 AM

Hi -

Reformatting a Laptop - HP Support Forum < Try this topic from HP -

Regards -

#3 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

Not sure if I understand or maybe my OP doesn't make sense. Is there a certain part of the topic you linked I should be reading? 

I am not having an issue with re-install other than the error or warning I quoted in the OP. I am curious as to what it (error message) means. How could it say I have no OS after I just did the re-install. Everything seems normal except the message about no OS found.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users