Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Running Game

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gobstopper12

Gobstopper12

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:42 AM

Theres a game im trying to run but whenever i click "Run" a little black window popups with another window that says

16 Bit MS-DOS Subsytem
C;\Window\System32\autoexec.net . The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications.Choose 'Close' to terminate application.

When i try to run the exact same file on my friends laptop who also has windows xp it runs perfectly.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:30 AM

Try this MS page.. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;324767

If not could you please post mor information? Also check your Event Viewer for error messages.
Start>Program Files>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Gobstopper12

Gobstopper12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:39 AM

Ok its a game that doesnt need a CD.
Not much more then that i unzip it to the folder and it has the one icon that looks like an application and i get that error when i click it.

#4 Gobstopper12

Gobstopper12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:41 AM

Also when i click start-run- then run cmd it says CMD is not a valid win 32 program.

#5 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2006 - 03:46 PM

Also when i click start-run- then run cmd it says CMD is not a valid win 32 program.

Unless you've mistyped, all you type is

cmd

you do not type "run cmd" because you're telling a program named cmd to run, and there is no such program, not exactly.

cmd should open a black DOS-like command window that says "cmd.exe" at the top. Not to be confused with the Command.com window.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users