Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD burner issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 vindy

vindy

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

Hello everyone. About a year ago after burning a lot of movies with my DVD burner on my Windows XP pc it started burning movies that were no better than coasters. The audio would repeatedly cut out and the screen would repeatedly flicker on my TV's dvd player when I would try to watch them. To find out if it was a hardware issue or a software issue I installed the same programs I was using on my XP pc on my mom's laptop and tried burning with her dvd burner. There wasn't a problem at all. So, I figured it was just that I had reached the usage limit with the dvd burner on my XP pc. Then back in february I bought a new laptop with Windows 8 on it. I began burning dvds on it and everything was fine at first. I've probably burned about 18 or so movies on it. Now the same thing is happening with it. Again, I'm using the same exact software. First I convert the avi file to an NTSC compatible mpg file with Any Video Converter. Then I convert that mpg file to the vob files you find on a dvd movie disc with Cucusoft MPEG to DVD Author. Then I take those vob files and burn them to a blank DVD+R with IMGBurn. All I really know about the DVD drive is that its a SuperMulti DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support. I'm wondering will most dvd drives sold with computers begin messing up like this after you've burned too many movies in them? I mean, like I said I've only burned like 18 movies with the new laptop. Or do you think I need to do something like update the firmware or drivers for my DVD drive? I think I read somewhere that you can run checks on your dvd drives with programs like IMGBurn and Nero Infotool. So, I think I'm gonna do that now but any insight you guys could provide would be great. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users