Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer is defaulting to a different persons User ID and password, help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 buckta1

buckta1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

I bought a 2nd hand labtop about 1 year ago, and it has always had a default User ID that I just clock on without entering password to access the main desktop.  Today I turned it on, and that option is not available and there is a different user "Sophie loves you", with a picture of a girl, and it is asking for a Password.  I have no idea who this girl is, and no one else besides me uses this labtop.  Please help!  It is not allowing me to enter someone elses User ID and password, and I can't even access my desktop because of this.  Any advice right now would be greatly appreciated!  I don't have any personal files on the computer, so even factory setting would be wonderful!  

Edited by hamluis, 30 June 2013 - 03:55 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buckta1

buckta1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

I also currently have a Windows 7 operating system.

#3 qam

qam

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:07 AM

you can repair the OS by using reapir disc or can install the fresh copy of OS now to make a new account with your name and password..also if you have your files in drive c does'nt matterthese files will be moved to the folder named windows.old folder and after installing win 7 you can access them..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users