Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game Sites

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ladydonna85

ladydonna85

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

I was using pogo to play Yatzee, and it was there that I picked up a nasty malware that started by the page telling me that I needed to update my flash player.  I hade been playing my game on that site for about a month with no problems.  So is Pogo not a safe site?  Are any of them safe?  How do you know if a requirement to update software is real or not?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zestypanda

Zestypanda

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

The pop up which you saw, was most likely 99% fake, there has been an epidemic of rouge fake flash player updates. They trick users into downloading the program which then proceeds to download and install adware along with downloading the legitimate software. The only place you should be getting your flash updates or downloads would be from the official adobe.com now, as for whether or not pogo is a safe site or not, I do not know since I do not use that website. ~Zestypanda.

Have a question, or just wanna chat? Send me a message. Or add me as a friend.

#3 Zestypanda

Zestypanda

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hello mam, I'm just checking in to see if you still require assistance on this issue, or any of your other ones.

Have a question, or just wanna chat? Send me a message. Or add me as a friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users