Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Easter Away

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:14 AM

Went away for the weekend with my wife for Easter. We decided to go down to Cornwall and stay at 'Jamaica Inn' (a lovely haunted Hotel). We didn't see much in the way of strange things, but on our return we transferred the pics we had taken , onto the pc.
What a surprise!!!!
Take a look and see what you think..
Posted Image

Posted Image
Anyone living in England that fancies a really good weekend away, might want to look at the hotels website..
I can definately recommend a stay there.
Jamaica Inn

Edited by Starbuck, 17 April 2006 - 04:24 AM.

BBPP6nz.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:33 AM

Starbuck! I am glad to hear you had a nice time over the Easter Weekend. Your pics are totally fantastic. Very interesting also. It is sort of a funny coincidence. In your pics.. I see orbs surrounding the fireplace and I see one sitting next to you (that is you right?) posing sweetly for a photo op with you!! WOW cool! This is a coincidence because yesterday I went to visit my cousins and one of them showed me pics of orbs that she took at numerous cemetaries around my area. The pics she took were taken with 2 different digital cameras and one 35 mm camera. In the pics there were numerous orbs that appeared. Especially around my uncles house and relatives homes that were in the same neighborhood. I love haunty things. I enjoy hearing ghost stories and things of the supernatural nature. Altho I am skeptical at times I find the stories interesting. I do believe there are things that we cannot comprehend. After my uncle viewed the pics and it was explained how the pics were obtained he commented that his mind was trying to find a logical explanation for the balls of light in the numerous pics she took. He said he couldn't think of a logical reason for them and he didn't know what to believe. lol
:thumbsup: :flowers:
Thank you for sharing. Your pics are SO interesting and I will admit they gave me quite a shiver.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 Dollyeyes

Dollyeyes

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:12 AM

:thumbsup: oooooo..spooooooky....think you were being visited !! Posted Image
Posted Image
Of all the things Ive lost...I miss my mind the most!

#4 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,146 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:56 AM

Yes Pandy, the pic is of me :thumbsup:
We didn't see anything at all when we took the pics, we only saw the results when we got back.
We took a few pics of the bedroom we stayed in and strangely enough all the orbs in those pics are on my wifes side of the bed! and she's a very big believer.
The really strange thing about the fireplace, was i took about 4 other pics before that one and there's nothing on those. We were sitting talking to the chef and the barman about ghosts and orbs, and then i decided to take one last pic! Maybe they came out of hiding because we were talking about them. :flowers:
Have to admit i like that sort of thing and now i have to be a believer.

BBPP6nz.png

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:05 AM

I have several pictures like that. Is there a logical explaination??? I have always thought it was a particle of dust/pollen/mist that reflected the flash. I have never seen these "orbs" except with a flash picture.

Ok... you have my curiosity up....

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#6 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:15 AM

3 words..

Clean your lens!!

Im irish, so you might expect me to believe in that spookey stuff but i dont.... all the banshee stories and goblins stopped after sky tv and cable came around.....people tend to associate the unexplained with aliens or gosts,,,,moi sceptic?? never

#7 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:53 AM

This reminds me of a picture of my brother.

He was sitting at my grandma's house and for some reason it looked like he was moving but he wasn't. And the weirdest thing was the moving part of him looked like my great grand father (my grandma's dad). And he passed away just a couple a months before the picture was taken.

Spooky

Also the night the my grandfather died an angel that we have sitting on the old quilt racks fell off (according to my mom). And it was at the exact moment my grandfather passed away. And normally the cats usually knock it over however, they were asleep in the other room. (my grandfather passed at my grandma's not my house). But I'm a believer.

#8 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2006 - 11:06 AM

Hog wash...Ive heard 'em all!! maybe im been too sceptical and i certainly dont mean to offend anyone...Ghosts dont exist! :thumbsup: :flowers:

#9 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2006 - 11:09 AM

I've seen a variety of explanations for the "spirit orbs" seen in many pictures/videos. Like Rigel said, a lot is caused by a reflection of light off of dust particles. There was a show on the DIscovery channel that debunked just about every photo phenom present today that people attribute to spirits. The one concerning orbs involved a man stomping on an old, dusty rug, then snapping a pictures. There were multiple orbs like the ones scene in the photos above (and they even had smiley faces).

Of course, i'm a natural non-believer and skeptic.... anyone that's been to the forums often knows that of me :thumbsup:

#10 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,146 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:34 PM

It's good to see that people have different opinions.
That's what makes these things so facinating... for every explanation, someone will come up with a counter explanation. So...... no one can either prove or disprove the theories. It's all up to the individual.

BBPP6nz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users