Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Won't Start Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 17 April 2006 - 03:04 AM

Hi,

I had a problem with my computer this morning and now it won't start up. It was working OK, but then it started freezing for a few seconds on and off. Even when it was frozen it wasn't responding and I had to just switch it off.

When I turned it back on again, I got the following message:

"Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key."

Please can someone suggest what I should do to correct the problem?

Thanks,
Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 17 April 2006 - 05:14 AM

check your bios settings, does it see your hdd? is it set to boot to your hdd? if no to latter, change boot order, if no to former, verify that your ide cables and power cables are snugly connected to your hdd and motherboard. if they are, go to the hdd manufacturer's website, download the diagnostic test, iso image, burn it to cd and boot to it, test your hdd. it sounds like it could be a bad hdd, or bad connectivity.
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users