Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card resolution problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 1Soul1337

1Soul1337

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Hello guys.

i'm new here and and i got problems in my pc

first of all . i apologize if i'm in wrong section. i didn't know where to put this thread

and i apologize of my weak english too.

so my problem is . basically iwas playing Call of duty 4 on PC ofcourse.

and while i was playing my pc got restarted by it self . and my screen got timed out 

so after it turned it on again , the whole resolution got changed from 1920x1200

to 800x600 which is all big in my screen. icons. task bars etc.. and all these stuff

i tried to get it back to the normal resolution which is 1920x1200 but idont have that option anymore. the biggest resolution i have now is 1600x1200.

my screen now is messed up. also i got my pc running slowly. not like before

some of my specs. which is "old" 

VideoCard: GTX 470
CPU : i7 950 
PW: Thermaltake 750W
RAM: 4GB RAM

iwas having this computer running smooth the last year. and i had this issue yesterday

some pics could be helpful for you guys.

can u help me please :3?

i tried to 1- uninstall my old driver and install new one

2- i checked cables of my video card and monitor

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

If I were you, I would uninstall the video card driver, then reinstall the same driver, usiing the CD that came with the card.

#3 1Soul1337

1Soul1337
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

If I were you, I would uninstall the video card driver, then reinstall the same driver, usiing the CD that came with the card.

idont have the cd anymore :( 

#4 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

Well, it has long been a problem with various video cards, that often the latest drivers don't work properly with older cards. So the best thing to do would be to go to the website run by the manufacturer of the card, and try to download the original driver for it.

#5 1Soul1337

1Soul1337
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

it didn't work even with the original one

or older version or newer.

#6 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

In that case you might try a "System Restore" using a restore point that predates this whole problem. Alternately, you could restore from "Backup" if you happen to have one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users